This is going to be a long post. But I feel it necessary to state my case of why some of us need to wake the fuck up, because some of us conservatives have lost sight of the goal that we need to achieve in 2012. And you KNOW what that goal is.
As the Iowa caucus is in the final stretch and the GOP nominees are jockeying for position, many thought on Dec 8th, with a 14 point lead over Romney, that Newt Gingrich was well on his way to winning that states caucus.
But about two weeks later, Newt has dropped to nearly even with Romney’s in recent polls.
Why is that?
Reason #1: The left have set the bait to land many right of center folks. And a number of them took the bait.
The liberal left in America has been raising the flag of just how concerned they are with Romney being the nominees, then they are with Newt, because Mitt would draw in more independents then Newt.
So what the left has done is convince many that the GOP should get behind Romney because of just that scenario, to mislead Republicans in to believing they can now beat Obama in the general election with Romney as the GOP candidate.
Ahhh but not so fast. Last Thursday Gallup poll found Newt and Romney where neck and neck with 23% of independents/lean right voters.
Many conservatives, like Ann Coulter fell for that hook, line and sinker and now she has throw her hat in the Romney circus. Even Nikki Haley fell for it, too.
Newts numbers are on the decline, Mitts number have not moved. Latest Gallup Poll shows Gingrich has lost 14 points. Romney’s numbers haven't budged and only the (what I like to call) bottom dwellers have picked up 1 point each.
So as I am seeing these latest numbers, 8% of Newt supporters two weeks ago have now gone undecided.
Reason #2. Of course, I can't give the liberals all the credit for Newts numbers being down.
Some conservatives have gone off the deep end themselves with regards to Newt Gingrich.
They continuing to harp about his "Right Wing Social Engineering" comment, which pissed me off too, until Gingrich explained himself, and that was to my satisfaction. Why not yours?
They continue to point to Newts Ad with Nancy Pelosi. But Gingrich has admitted that that was the dumbest thing he has ever done.
Some continue to go back in time to discredit Newt when he was Speaker of the House. Example are- in 1993 he supported individual mandate. Leaving two wives when they were critically ill? (Not entirely true).
You know something, if you are one of those folks, you’re no better than the liberal left, because that’s is exactly what they are doing and saying (Ann).
But the best one of all, the one that takes the cake and was even uttered by Michelle Bachmann “He was paid $1.6M to consult Fanni/Freddy”….
HOLY HELL. SO NOW we are going to beat up on:
-An American, while in the private sector, earned MONEY for running his own BUSINESS as a consultant?
-Making a living in America?
-Made lots of money as an entrepreneur???
-You know, CAPITALISM?
DO we REALLY want to go there???
Some conservatives blast him as some sort of liberal. HOW in the HELL can someone who was a bi-product of Reagan, be a liberal?
Let’s take a quick look at Newt "Conservative" side. (From his Campaign site)
Jobs and the Economy:
- As Speaker he balanced the budgets, pay down the debt, and create jobs:
- Will stop the 2013 tax increases to promote stability in the economy.
- Make the United States the most desirable location for new business investment through a bold series of tax cuts, including
- Eliminating the capital gains tax to make American entrepreneurs more competitive against those in other countries.
- Move toward an optional flat tax of 15%
- Strengthen the dollar by returning to the Reagan-era monetary policies.
- Remove obstacles of destructive and ineffective regulations, programs and bureaucracies.
- Repealing the Community Reinvestment Act, the abuse of which helped cause the financial crisis
- Repealing the Dodd-Frank Law
- Balance the budget.
- Repeal and replace Obamacare
- Remove bureaucratic and legal obstacles to responsible oil and natural gas development in the United States, offshore and on land
- End the ban on oil shale development in the American West
- Give coastal states federal royalty revenue sharing
-Make health insurance more affordable and portable to purchase insurance across state lines
- Reform Medicaid
-Create more choices in Medicare
- Stop health care fraud
- Under no circumstance can a path to citizenship be created which would allow those who have broken the law to receive precedence over those who patiently waited to become residents and citizens via the legal process. (I am fully behind this 100%)
- Control the border.
- Move 11,000 Washington-area Department of Homeland Security bureaucrats to the Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona borders.
- Round-the-clock drone flights to monitor activity, multi-layer, strategic fencing in urban areas, and vastly improved communication between state and federal authorities.
- Deportation of criminals and gang members should be efficient and fast.
- Ensure that every new citizen and every young American learn American history and the key principles of American Exceptionalism.
- English must be the official language of government.
Defending Second Amendment Rights:
The right to bear arms is a political right designed to safeguard freedom so that no government can take away from you the rights which God has given you.
Principles to protect life and liberty:
- Nominate conservative judges who are committed to upholding Constitutional limited government
- Combat judicial activism
- End taxpayer subsidies for abortion
- Protect religious expression in the public square
There is much, much more, but this post is getting a bit long.
I sat down to watch Mitt Romney last night, while he was on the Factor.
Outside of Romenycare and his refusal to admit it was not a good idea for even his state, O'Rielly asked a pointed question to Mitt, that still to this day is bothering me.
O'Rielly ask Romney if he thought Obama as Socialist.
Mitts response "I'd like to think of him as out of touch"
When O'Rielly pressed him again for a direct answer, Mitt said "I don't want to label someone like that when he is really out of touch"
You know, 63% of the American people agree that labeling Obama a socialist is fair, Mitt sure is "out of touch" with the American people himself.
In closing, I am not here to bash Mitt nor Michelle Bachmann. However, her going after Newt on the money he made during his private life, just gave fuel to the Obama Campaign fire.
-Debate the issues.
-Point to the failures and hang them on Obama.
-Bring forth your solutions.
-And last but not least, follow Reagan's 11th commandment. “Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.”
Now: Whats our goal in the 2012 election?.....
------------Hell, even Arnold Cusmariu From the American Thinker gets it-----------------