Back in 1958 his predictions are quite close and prescribed solutions to combat progressivism in America, here in the 1974 portion of the Speech.
Some highlight from this speech.
Induced the gradual surrender of American sovereignty, piece by piece, step by step to various international organization, of which the United Nations is the outstanding but far from the only example.
- Greatly, expanded Government spending, forever conceivable means for getting rid of ever larger sums of American money, as wastefully as possible.
- Higher and then much higher taxes.
- An increasingly un-balanced budget.
- Wild inflation of our currency.
- Government control of prices wages and material supposedly to combat inflation.
- Greatly increase socialistic controls over every operation of our economy and every activity of our daily lives. This is to be accompanied, naturally and automatically by a correspondingly huge increase in the size of our bureaucracy and in the cost and reach of our domestic government.
- A constant hammering in to American consciences of the horror of modern warfare. Peace always, on communist terms of course.
At the 4:12 mark of the video... is a great antidote to the poison for which Mr Welch speaks. American Socialism.