Friday, April 15, 2011

Atlas Shrugged-Opening Today

Atlas Shrugged is a novel by Ayn Rand, first published in 1957 in the United States. And it’s now, a movie.


The book explores an oppressed United States where leading innovators, ranging from industrialists to artists, refuse to be exploited by society. A protagonist Dagny Taggart, sees society collapse around her as the government increasingly asserts control over all industry, as it is slowly occuring here to date, while society's most productive citizens, led by the mysterious John Galt, progressively disappear, withdrawing the "individual thought" that drives society's growth and productivity. A world in which the individual is not free to create is doomed, that civilization cannot exist where men are slave to society and government, and that the destruction of a profit economy leads to the collapse of society.

From all the reviews I have read and heard, it’s an outstanding film and one that coincides with our current administration.

Will Obama and the left go see this movie?



Who IS John Galt?

4 comments:

I found you on Bonsai said...

I just seen the movie and it is great. You will love it. It's time for the private sector to shrug off the liberal ticks.

Unknown said...

Welcome 'I found you...'
Everything I have seen about this movie is right up my alley and I am surprised that it got done from Hollywood.
The more people who both read the book, and see this movie will get an eye opening shot of what reality will look like if we continue on the current path and mindset of the liberals.
I can't wait for the DVD/Blue Ray to hit the market, too add to my collection.

Chris said...

It does look like a great movie. It's great to see more and more conservative movies coming out lately. I'm with Mark. I want to own it that way I can loan it out to my friends and family.

Unknown said...

To spread the word of true democracy, and what can happen when you allow government to become to big, right Chris? :)