Saturday, June 26, 2010

AP-DP Parties with Lynyrd Skynyrd.. Well kind of...

Last night I had the utmost pleasure to see one of the greatest American bands of our life time.
Lynyrd Skynyrd came to the Midwest Bank Amphitheater in Tinley Park, IL and ROCKED the house.
On their tour, "God & Guns" they played tribute to our American heroes in Afghanistan and Iraq and remembered 'their' (and our) fallen heroes: Ronnie VanZant, Allen Collins, Leon Wilkeson, Cassie Gaines, Billy Powell, Hughie Thomasson and Ean Evens.
Their passion for America, love of music and the spirit of God will be remembered for my life time.
Enjoy 'Freebird'.


(PS: I did not record this, so don't make fun of the singing of the one who posted this, it wasn't me, I sing MUCH better, LOL)

4 comments:

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Great band and song Mark but you might have gone with a cleaned up version as 'the extra singer' kinda, well to be kind, screwed it up,,lol

I hope he did not give up his day job?

Unknown said...

Tell me about it Christopher. We were trying to find a better video of this song, but no luck. When I first played it, I thought to myself I'd rather have a tooth pulled then listen to this guy any longer. Thank god I was about 100' or so away, so I didn't hear him "live" LOL

Unknown said...

Ow Ow Ow, my ears! The dogs came a runnin and howling!

Unknown said...

I don't know what is better, listening to this guy screw up a great song, or having my nuts in a vise. LOL!